Research Data and DOIs
Research Data Management
Max Planck Digital Library page on Research Data management:
RDMO (Research Data Management Organiser software, by MPDL) supports the organisation of data management and the writing of data management plans (DMP) for various funding organisations.
Michener WK (2015) Ten Simple Rules for Creating a Good Data Management Plan. PLoS Comput Biol 11(10): e1004525. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1004525
Open Access data repositories, consortiums
- In MPG.PuRe (our institutional repository) we already host some data, that come with as supplements with your article, this data can be made available open access.
- Edmond: MPG research data repository for Max Planck researchers. Edmond can be used to publish raw data for re-use by other researchers as well as supplementary secondary data underlying a certain publication.
- re3data.org is a global registry of research data repositories by the German Research Foundation.
- Zenodo: service is offered by CERN and an OpenAIRE project. Zenodo is a research data repository for the preservation and making available of research, educational and informational content.
- Nationale Forschungsdateninfrastruktur NFDI4Earth DataPlant NFDI4Chem NFDI4Biodiversity
are digital, persistent identifikators for objects like publications, data ... (PIDs). They are built with a specific metadata scheme, including mandatorily the identifier, creator, title, publisher and year.
At the MPI Biogeochemistry we are able to assign DOI's for certain projects. The DOI's are registered with Datacite and have the prefix 10.17871. Please get in contact with the library, if you want to assign a DOI
Carboscope: : http://www.bgc-jena.mpg.de/CarboScope
Openaire Guide on "How to find trustworthy repository for your data"
Please check back at your library for further information!