Research Data and DOIs
Research Data Management
RDMO (Research Data Management Organiser software, by MPDL) supports the organisation of data management and the writing of data management plans (DMP) for various funding organisations.
Research Data Alliance: a community-driven initiative in 2013 by the European Commission, the United States Government's National Science Foundation and National Institute of Standards and Technology, and the Australian Government’s Department of Innovation with the goal of building the social and technical infrastructure to enable open sharing and re-use of data.
forschungsdateninfo: Research Data information platform for Germany (German only)
German Research Data law (in process) RFII discussion(german only)
Open Access data repositories, consortiums
- In MPG.PuRe (our institutional repository) we already host some data, that come with as supplements with your article, this data can be made available open access.
- Edmond: MPG research data repository (harvested by Openaire via b2find) for Max Planck researchers. Edmond can be used to publish raw data for re-use by other researchers as well as supplementary secondary data underlying a certain publication. Please check back at your library for further information!
- re3data.org is a global registry of research data repositories by the German Research Foundation.
- OpenDOAR, a global Directory of Open Access Repositories, a collaborative project between the University of Nottingham and Lund University
- Zenodo: service is offered by CERN and an OpenAIRE project. Zenodo is a research data repository for the preservation and making available of research, educational and informational content.
- Fairsharing Community
- Nationale Forschungsdateninfrastruktur NFDI4Earth DataPlant NFDI4Chem NFDI4Biodiversity
are digital, persistent identifikators for objects like publications, data ... (PIDs). They are built with a specific metadata scheme, including mandatorily the identifier, creator, title, publisher and year.
At the MPI Biogeochemistry we are able to assign DOI's for certain projects. The DOI's are registered with Datacite and have the prefix 10.17871. Please get in contact with the library, if you want to assign a DOI
Carboscope: : http://www.bgc-jena.mpg.de/CarboScope
Openaire Guide on "How to find trustworthy repository for your data"
Champieux, R., Solomonides, A., Conte, M., Rojevsky, S., Phuong, J., Dorr, D. A., Zampino, E., Wilcox, A., Carson, M. B., & Holmes, K. (2023). Ten simple rules for organizations to support research data sharing. PLOS Computational Biology, 19(6), e1011136. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1011136
Please check back at your library for further information!