How can I identify trusted journals and conferences?
Want to check if you can trust a certain journal? Checklists for books and journals from Think Check Submit
Think Check Submit is a campaign to help researchers identify trusted journals for their research. It is a simple checklist researchers can use to assess the credentials of a journal or publisher.
- Do you or your colleagues know the journal?
- Can you easily identify and contact the publisher?
- Is the journal clear about the type of peer review it uses?
- Are articles indexed in services that you use?
- Is it clear what fees will be charged?
- Do you recognize the editorial board?
- Is the publisher a member of a recognized industry initiative?
- Can you find the journal at the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) or the Web of Science?
How do you know a paper is legit? J. West, C. Bergstrom