How can I identify trusted journals and conferences?
Fake journals - fake conferences - bootleged - rebranded?
Be aware of Omics journals, also called Longdom , Hilaris, iMedPub LTD
Want to check if you can trust a certain journal/publisher/conferences provider?
Checklists for books, bookchapters, journals and conferences from Think Check Submit
Think Check Submit is a campaign to help researchers identify trusted publishers for their research. It is a simple checklist researchers can use to assess the credentials of a journal or publisher.
Also available in German
- Do you or your colleagues know the journal?
- Can you easily identify and contact the publisher?
- Is the journal clear about the type of peer review it uses?
- Are articles indexed in services that you use?
- Is it clear what fees will be charged?
- Do you recognize the editorial board?
- Is the publisher a member of a recognized industry initiative?
- Can you find the journal at the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) or the Web of Science?
Predatory publishers’ latest scam: bootlegged and rebranded papers K. Syler (et.al.) Nature 598, 563-565 (2021) doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/d41586-021-02906-8
How do you know a paper is legit? J. West, C. Bergstrom