Several persistent author identifiers exist:
Cone: your institutional (PuRe) ID will be set up by Angela Günther (Pure repository manager) and is a unique ID within the repository, https://pure.mpg.de/cone/
ORCID: Open Researcher and Contributor Identiﬁer https://orcid.org/
Researcher ID (Clarivate): a Web of Science ResearcherID unique identifier for researchers the Web of Science. http://webofscience.help.clarivate.com/en-us/Content/wos-researcher-profile-adding-removing-publications.html
Scoups (Elsevier) https://www.scopus.com/freelookup/form/author.uri
Google Scholar https://scholar.google.com/intl/en/scholar/citations.html
Research Organization Registry (ROR) https://ror.org/
The library can support you, please contact us.
- Measuring Research Impact Using Web of Science, Altmetrics, and Other Sources (Washington State Library)
- Harzing, A. W. (2020) Everything you always wanted to know about research impact. - in: Wright, M.; Clark, T.; Ketchen, D. How to get published in the best management journals, 2nd edition. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing, pp 127-141.
- PID and Metadata Services (TIB, Hannover)
- Boudry, C., & Durand-Barthez, M. (2020). Use of author identifier services (ORCID, ResearcherID) and academic social networks (Academia.edu, ResearchGate) by the researchers of the University of Caen Normandy (France): A case study. PloS one, 15(9), e0238583. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0238583
- Enhancing your academic visibility & profile: Erasmus University Library